среда, 23 января 2013 г.

Oxford just before the snowfall

Yep, I think it's time to post some pictures of my Oxford's roaming abouts. As you may remember a little less then a month ago I've been to UK, and I've spent 5 days in Oxford, walking by myself, mainly for sightseeing, but sometimes I just ended up shopping for clothes and stuff.

I guess anyone who've been here noticed those bikes at the bus station)


Once I got there the first thing I wanted to do was to get to the top of some building to get a better view of the city. So I've went to St. Mary's Church and climbed a tower. The viwe is really great there!

Next thing I went to the Natural History museum.



The other place I wanted to see was the Christ Church, where many scenes of Harry Potter was shot. 


For example, you may remember this 16th century staircase ...



... which leads up to the Great Hall and that was replicated in the film studios to create Hogwart's Hall.




Oh, and I've met there a very nice girl from China. Nina, thank you for that wonderful day, I hope we will meet again someday!


Other places worth mentioning are the Exeter College, ...


... the Jesus College with blomming trees in the middle of December ...



... and the Merton College.



Besides I've been to Oxford's Botanic garden. At first I didn't believe there was anything to look at, but in the end I've decided to check it.


So yes, there was almost nothing to see) Even more - when I got there, it was so deserted like if everyone died out. I spent there about 20 minutes and there was not a soul! Kind of creepy... 



And to finish my short story, here's a photo of Bridge of Sighs. Thank you for reading!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий